17 June 2009

Tony & Mel

This was the best one I could get with all of them.  Ike looks a little crazy, but at least none of them are crying as in subsequent pictures.  We were ecstatic when Tony & Mel said they wanted to come and see us!  Unfortunately like Dane & Jordan they had a rocky start.  Their car engine stopped working just outside of Butte, MT & the tow truck started on fire taking them back into town.  Luckily a good samaritan let them use their car and the trip that should have taken 5 hours took 12, but they got here.  Yeah!
These pictures all in the wrong order, but this is them playing at the park the right before they left for home.  I think the second day they were here it rained so we took them to Cabelas which is always fun & had a picnic in our living room, which wasn't.  Then we grilled these huge steaks and for some reason my children decided to eat meat and ate almost an entire one by themselves.  I don't understand them at all!
Here's a great park we found recently with water features and a regular playground next to it.  It was so fun!  Soren & Lorelei jumped right in.  I think Reagan got her feet wet once or twice & here's Coen drinking the water, that's about as close as he got.  The big wimps.
Monday we went to the  beach & had a picnic.  Nick met us there unexpectedly which was lovely.  We had a great time until it got cold.  We went to the park downtown and then the beach on Wednesday too.  It was tons of fun!  We were all pleasantly surprised how well they entertained themselves without drowning or trying to kill each other.  We were unpleasantly surprised at how hard it is to keep track of 3 children at a busy playground.
One night we got a babysitter, yes just one & she survived, and we the the Whitehouse to eat.  It was fabulous!  Especially the sea bass & the baklava (I hope I spelled that right), sadly the belly dancer wasn't performing that night.   We were so sad to see them go & hope they will visit again someday after such a rocky start.  I forgot to mention that Soren also got 2 ear infections & strep throat.  So they had a rough few nights.  Thanks for coming!  We love you!  Come again soon or just move here.  If I can convince Nick to dig out our basement you could live with us!  Hope the move goes well.  See you in DC!

0 comments: