10 September 2009

Washington D.C.

We went to D.C. for Dan & Jordan's wedding, but I don't actually have any pictures of that, so here are the pictures I do have...  We got to see my cousin Drew & his wife Aimee Friday night at the reception & Saturday afternoon at the mall.  It was awesome to catch up with them, I haven't seen them in several years.
Here's 2 of my favorite men!
We got to spend lots of time with Tony & Mel thank goodness!  It really was tons of fun.  We got lost and almost missed the wedding, but luckily Nick has crazy insane race car driving skills and we made it with about 5 minutes to spare.
Here's the back of the white house... personally too close for me right now, but one of the things you've got to see while in the nations capital.
This is Jordan's back yard.  It was amazing!  Formal gardens with a fountain, outdoor fireplace, rock terraced yards... Beautiful!  Thanks to her family for hosting us so graciously.  They were a lot of fun!  
We all drove to Cincinnati Saturday evening and to our horror we found that the shark festival in West Virginia I believe had been cancelled.  Mel and I were forced to cry the rest of the way home.
The reception in Ohio was fun!  It was great to see old friends and eat fantastic food.  Tanner made the most beautiful arrangements of silverware I have ever seen.  It brought tears to my eyes.  I'll post a picture later if I can find one.  Thanks to Dane and Jordan for getting married, so we could go to D.C. and thanks to George & Lori for an awesome time!

2 comments:

Annette said...

You guys look fabulous in the last picture!

beckster said...

Awesome pictures! That was a fun trip, huh? My favorite was Nick peeling into the parking spot and all of you spilling out of the van and running into the temple. And I, too, cried when I saw the Shark Fest was cancelled. It almost ruined the whole trip. Almost...