I have been sorely remiss in my picture taking lately. I couldn't find my battery charger. So sorry Grandmas! Nick took his birthday off and we went to climb Tubbs Hill and look out over the lake. Then we went down to the lake and the kids played in the water. It wasn't planned, but it was perfect weather. We just took off the kids pants and let them splash around, Reagan was soaked head to toe. We came home, had a nap & went out for dinner. Reagan helped me make a birthday cake. A "brown one with brown frosting." It was a really nice, fun relaxing day. The kids gave Nick gummy bears. I think that's the only thing Reagan thinks is an acceptable present. She tells Nick all about them as soon as we buy them, so there is never much of a surprise.
I invited Caysen over to help the kids learn how to play in the sprinklers. They just stand there and look at them. So Caysen had lots of fun, but not so much for Coen obviously.
I had to bribe Reagan to get her to stand on Elmo long enough for me to take a picture. I'm not sure why they refuse to play outside for me. If Nick is home, even if he's not outside, they'll play out there for hours. I don't get it.
This is basically why I don't buy toys. Who needs them, when you have old shelves?






2 comments:
Happy Birthday Nick!
I know what you mean about toys - McKay plays with other 'stuff' around the house more than his toys!
We miss you already! It was so good to see you guys in Dillon. Grace will not play with toys, she unloads all my drawers and uses bowls for hats. Gotta love 'em!
Post a Comment