The kids are going a little stir crazy since it's been so cold and the snow is very hard, making playing outside no fun. I've been trying the get them out of the house, but there aren't many places to take them here. They got a little spoiled while I had the flu, since they got to play at tons of different houses. Reagan keeps asking me if she can go to her babysitters house and play with her mom.
Yesterday it was a little warmer and the top layer of snow a little slushy so Reagan kept asking if she could put on her makeup and shovel the snow. We compromised by getting them into the back yard, where they tried valiantly to play with the sand in the sand box that we left out. Oops! The shovels were useful (for Reagan at least, Coen can't get this thumbs into the mittens, so he can't pick anything up and it makes him sooo mad!) and Reagan had a blast throwing snowballs at the window where I sat watching them. (It's the strangest thing, but none of my snow clothes seem to fit.) Coen was extremely upset that we still couldn't make a snowman, but it did snow again this morning, so maybe we can get one made today. I hope to spend the whole summer at the beach soaking in as much sunshine as possible to make up for these days of dreary cold. The kids have their favorite beach stuff all ready to go and I am hoping for an early spring!






2 comments:
Poor Idahoans! Everyone is complaining about the seemingly endless winter! I won't tell you what we did today. Don't get me wrong, it isn't a balmy 70 degrees but it also is above freezing!
Will you come to our beach? We have a place for you!!!
Post a Comment