Reagan's primary teacher has cancer and a few times this winter I wouldn't let her go to primary because she had a cough and I didn't want him to get sick. So we had long discussions about how he was sick and she asked if little kids got sick too. I told her about locks of love and she thought it was a "Great Idea"- sometimes, other times she wanted long red hair like Ariel. I didn't want to push her, so I didn't do anything. Saturday I just couldn't stand it anymore- I desperately needed a hair cut- so I called a friend of mine, whose daughter get graduated from cosmetology school and found out where she was working so I could make an appointment. I was going durning nap time. Reagan wanted to go, but I told her it would be boring. Well, she saw me sneaking out and came running out of the house screaming that she wanted to go to. So I told her she could come if she got her hair cut. She said okay, so off we went.
Here's the new Reagan. She did pretty good! She knew the girl, so that helped, and I bribed her a little to get her on the chair. After that it was easy. At the end though, she started asking where her braids were and when we got to the car, she told me she was never getting her hair cut again. Everyone made a really big deal about it at church though, so that helped. Now she asks everyone if they love her short hair and she wishes Jordan could see it. Hopefully now we can fight less about doing her hair!
I took pictures of her actually getting the hair cut, but they are on my phone and not very good quality, so you just get the before and afters. She was kind of upset though that she she didn't get to actually give a little kid her hair. I think she thought they would just be waiting there for her. I am really proud of her for being able to sacrifice something she loves for someone in need. I love you Reagan!






1 comments:
Good for her! That is really sweet. Someone is going to love her beautiful hair!
Post a Comment