So, it's official, I am the world's worst blogger! I get overwhelmed and forgetful. Also, I seem to use this blog as a public forum for mocking my children. Some of you may think that I don't adore my children. I'd like to say that my children are the greatest and while usually I only blog about their craziness, they are incredibly brilliant and very sweet. So here's to trying to remember to blog more often and to talking more kindly about my kids! (Don't worry though, there will still be a little bit of mocking because that's the way we are and the kids really are funny.)
We made our annual trip to Tubbs Hill for Nick's 30th. This time though, we went to the little cove we love so much. I got the kids all ready and excited to be in the water, but it was pretty cold- until we were leaving and by the time we got back to the car is was nice and hot. Oh well, we still had fun. Reagan is turning into quite the rock climber.
I made a german chocolate cake from scratch and it took me forever, and then had technical difficulties with 2 batches of chocolate frosting, so I ran to the neighbors to borrow some and went to put it on and it had expired in 2004. So, I finally had to just make a buttercream frosting, which I thought detracted from the cake and he didn't get it until about 8:30, poor guy. The kids bought some trick candles and were sooo excited to use them, but they all blew so hard, that the candles never came back on. It was kind of sad, but they loved the cake and being with Dad all day, so it was still fun.
I was going to have a surprise party for him, but I couldn't decide if he'd like it or not on the big 30, so I didn't do it. Then I found out that the day I was planning was the day of a BIG game and he would have hated missing it, so phew, I chose correctly.
So, this is very late, like more than a month, but HAPPY BIRTHDAY Nick! We love you!






0 comments:
Post a Comment